Praising Our Great God
3 They sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying: "Great and marvelous are Your works, lord God Almighty! Just and true are Your ways, O King of the saints!
4 Who shall not fear You, O Lord, and glorify Your name? For You alone are holy. For all nations shall come and worship before You, for Your judgments have been manifested." (NKJ)
They sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying:
- "Great and marvelous are Your works, lord God Almighty!
- For is creation for He is the creator.
- The Alaskan Black Pole Wobbler
- The Bumble Bee
- The Angler Fish
- The Archer Fish
- For His providence over our lives.
- For His love that He sent His Son to die in our place.
- As we have been studying in the Revelation how that God will put an end to sin, an end to Satan, an end to this wicked world system.
- Just and true are Your ways, O King of the saints!
- God is just and true.
- He always does what is right.
- He can never be persuaded otherwise.
- He is the standard of righteousness and justice.
- Man may say that God is not just.
- Some today say that God is pleased with homosexuality.
- Some may think that God overlooks our racism.
- Some may think that God no longer hates those who spread strife among Christians.
- Prov 6:16-19 These six things the LORD hates, yes, seven are an abomination to Him: 17 A proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, 18 A heart that devises wicked plans, feet that are swift in running to evil, 19 A false witness who speaks lies, and one who sows discord among brethren. (NKJ)
- Immorality abound in the land for there is no fear of God.
- But mark my word God is still just and holy.
- Good and upright is the Lord; Therefore He teaches
sinners in the way. The humble He guides in justice,
And the humble He teaches His way. For Your name's
sake, O Lord, Pardon my iniquity, for it is great
(Psalm 25:8-9, 11).
- We need to praise Him for His justice and His holiness.
- Without God this world would have destroyed themselves many times over.
- Today it is the saltiness of God's people and the work of the Holy Spirit that keeps this world from rotting into oblivion.
- Now I know that sometimes it looks like man is no more than a brute beast but God has placed in man a basic knowledge right and wrong, but we have cast that aside because it does not please us.
- Who shall not fear You, O Lord, and glorify Your name? For You alone are holy.
- The problem with God's holiness is that we are never as holy as He is.
- God made man upright but he turned to every sort of sin.
- But even the best of us do not measure up to God's standard of holiness.
- All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
- There is not a just man on the earth that does good and does not sin.
- Therefore God alone is holy.
- Therefore we need to recognize that God is far above us.
- That is what humbles us.
- When we realize that God is so holy that we could not even hope to enter into His presence with our own righteousness.
- None of us are worthy of anything from God but his wrath but God is merciful to us.
- That means that we have a healthy fear of Him.
- We went to the Zoo yesterday and a little boy was looking at a large black panther. He was telling us that he was not afraid of the big cat because he could run fast. Now that is not bravery, that is stupidity.
- We live in a day when it is macho to not fear God, to throw His instruction to the wind. But that is not macho, that is stupid.
- We will either come to fear Him in this life or we will come to fear Him when it will do us no good.
- The time to fear is before we come to meet Him.
- People claim to believe in God but yet there is no fear of God because we do not fear what we do not believe exists.
- For all nations shall come and worship before You, for Your judgments have been manifested.
- This is not the way that it is today.
- In the tribulation period it seems that almost no one worships the true God although all worship their own God.
- But God's judgments will bring mankind finally into subjection.
- Everyone will bow before Jesus, either here and now or at the judgment.
- Phil 2:9-11 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (NKJ)
Now is the time to honor and worship Him. Matt 5:25 "Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you are thrown into prison. (NKJ)This message was preached at FBC Toulon, by Albert Harmon. See it at http://toulonbaptist.com