Evolution vs The Bible
Two World Views Contrasted
1 Tim 6:20-21
O Timothy! Guard what was committed to your trust, avoiding the profane and idle babblings and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge -- 21 by professing it some have strayed concerning the faith. NKJV
This message was preached November 9, 2003 at FBC Toulon, by Albert Harmon. See it at ToulonBaptist.com
The teaching of evolution has not become so much a presentation of the facts as much as it is to spread propaganda and to indoctrinate others in the faith. Science is supposed to be a process of examining all the evidence and to come up with an hypostasis. In the area of evolution nothing could be further from the truth. Evidence that supports the belief in evolution is allowed but evidence that does not is dismissed. As I will show next week, evidence that does not follow the party line is not only dismissed but it is suppressed.
Does it matter what you believe about where we came from? Yes it does. The world view of the evolutionist is far different from the Christian. There can be no reconciliation of the party line of evolution and God's Biblical view of creation. Let us look at just a few of the differences.
- In the Beginning
- God Created everything less than 10,000 years ago in only 6 days
- Some put the creation as few as 6,000 years ago.
- Others would make it possible to be a little longer.
- By taking the ages of those born and when they first had children we come up with less than 10,000 years.
- Approxamtely 2,000 years ago Jesus was born.
- About 2,000 years before that Abram was born.
- About 2,000 years before that the flood came.
- About 2,000 - 4,000 years before that God created all that we see.
- 18-20 billion years ago all the matter in the universe was condensed to the size of a period and then exploded.
- There is a reason why vast periods are required.
- Somehow the must, by chance, develop the first living cell.
- Somehow they must evolve that single celled creature into a billion celled creature that looks like he was designed by an intelligent creator.
- No One Was There OR WAS THERE
- The problem with origins is that no one was there to see. It is only speculation. A hypotheses is not an conclusion. There are any number of explanations. But if God was there then He can tell us how it all started.
- God said to Job, Job 38:4-13
- 4 "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding. 5 Who determined its measurements? Surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? 6 To what were its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone, 7 When the morning stars sang together, And all the sons of God shouted for joy?
- 8 "Or who shut in the sea with doors, When it burst forth and issued from the womb; 9 When I made the clouds its garment, And thick darkness its swaddling band; 10 When I fixed My limit for it, And set bars and doors; 11 When I said,'This far you may come, but no farther, And here your proud waves must stop!'
- 12 "Have you commanded the morning since your days began, And caused the dawn to know its place, 13 That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, NKJV
- The Variety of Life
- God created all life after its kind. One kind does not evolve into another
- One distinction between kinds is that they cannot interbreed so as to produce offspring that will sustain an new species.
- Very few exceptions exist.
- The horse can be crossed with a donkey a produce a mule but mules are sterile and cannot reproduce.
- We often hear about how that apes and humans are genetically 98.5% identical.
- Then why don't they use those animals for human transplants.
- They tried that back in the 60 with very fatal results.
- Much work has been done since evolutionist first made that claim and now we know that it is closer to 95%.
- I know people will say but that is very close. Not when you consider they have mapped the DNA of a nematode worm that lives in the soil and found that it is 80% comparable to human DNA.
- Instead of assuming that one came from the other we might also conclude that the designer used similar material and instructions on all the animals.
- See http://users.htcomp.net/weis/wormdna.html
- All life sprang from non-living matter and by chance developed into all the species we see today
- It can be proven that even the most simple life form could not have randomly been put together.
- E coli has 5.5 Mb of DNA on one chromosome
- A fruit fly has 137 Mb of DNA on three chromosomes
- While a human has 3000 Mb of DNA on 23 chromosomes
- What is interesting is that the worm and the fruit flies have genes that are identical to some human genes, but they are not the same ones.
- This means that if the fruit fly and the humans both came from the worms we did not come through the fruit fly.
- But It Isn't So
- In his book Forbidden Archeology, Michael Cremo shows how that in a certain excavation in California where it is supposed to span at least a million years of fossil evidence that no evolution could be seen in that million years of these so called primitive animals.
- There is no hard evidence
- Evolution without a transitional fossil
- In the generations since Darwin it might be supposed that millions of fossils of transitional creatures would have been found. But the truth is that no verifiable evidence has been found to link the fish to the amphibians or to the reptiles or to the mammals. If evolution has taken place there must be billions of such fossils.
- Man's Purpose
- Man was created by the direct hand of God to have dominion over and care for the creation
- Man evolved from lower life forms and is engaged in the process of natural selection or the survival of the fittest
- Man is Unique
- Man was created with superior intelligence as seen from his own creative ability
- The only advantage man has over other creatures is the result of blind chance
- No Monkeyangelo
- Of all that we have been able to teach animals we have not yet seen one complete a sculpture or paint a painting.
- Different animals have great creative abilities even as a sparrow creates a nest.
- But that ability has been preprogramed into the DNA and is not a learned ability.
- God Has Created Us For Himself
- Man was created to commune with and worship God and will be finally responsible to Him
- Man is a simple brute beast and the only limitations on his conduct are those imposed by the society he has developed
- Man has developed religion in his process to understand his surroundings and origin and all religions are equally valid or invalid only as they serve mankind
- Man is a Spiritual Being and Not an Animal
- Man has an eternal soul that will out last the body
- Man is an animal with existence only in this life with nothing beyond death but the grave
- Man's Greatest Mistake
- Man was created sinless but he lost that attribute when he rebelled against God
- There is no sin except as society determines and the primary purpose of man is the survival and success of the species
- Man Has Continued His Downward Course
- Since man's fall he has continued to reject God as the sovereign loving creator and continues to go his own way
- Man has not fallen from a better position but has continued to evolve upward becoming better and better with each succeeding generation
- What Man Needs Most
- Man's greatest need is to know God and admit his own sinfulness and repenting trust in Jesus Christ alone
- Man's greatest need is his constant evolution. By means of the survival of the fittest or as the reality shows portray it the survival of the most deceitful, wicked and ruthless. Man does not need Jesus or any other so- called savior and the world would be better off without any religion
What about you? What do you think your purpose in life is?
If you do not see God as your greatest purpose then how much different are you than those who believe we came from the monkeys.
Give your life to Jesus today. Give him control of your time, your money, your family and all that you are.
Jessu said that a person who would keep his life for himself will loose it and the one who would give his life would keep it for all eternity.