For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man -- and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things. NKJV
This message was preached November 16, 2003 at FBC Toulon, by Albert Harmon. See it at ToulonBaptist.com
- Man's Basic Problem
- He does not want to give God the honor due to Him
- Man would rather worship the creation than the creator
- Man is self centered rather than God centered
- Even among those who are Christians there is still a rebellion we call sin
- This Affects Our Understanding of Origins
- Instead of glorifying God for His marvelous creation we honor mother nature, or mother earth
- Instead of giving God the credit for the perfectness of humans we give it to the "power of evolution"
- We have excluded God as a possible explanation of origins
- We See What We Want to See
- When evidence for creation is presented it is not examined but cast aside because it has God in it
- When the evidence is even overwhelming an unnatural explanation is sought rather than to accept the obvious
- Most of the time the evidence is so damaging that it is never brought before public scrutiny
- April 1979 National Geographic
- Footprints in the Ashes of Time
- The Excavation
- The Footprints
- A Description
- One of the sets of prints appeared to be human like. Further excavation revealed about 50 footprints over a distance of 72 feet formed by two or three hominids that had apparently walked in a group across the riverbed. Some controversy still surrounds the interpretation of these prints but their shape and gait along with the weight distribution and the presence of indentations showing a heal, ball of foot and toe seem to appear remarkably like that of modern humans.
- What she later said
- In a lecture in St. Louis, Mary Leaky pointed out one additional feature of her footprints that one does not often see mentioned in the literature; all of the larger foot prints of the trail have a smaller footprint superimposed on them! Mary Leaky herself conceded that it appears that a child was intentionally lengthening its stride to step in an elders foot prints!
- It shouldn't be necessary to emphasize that this is a far more sophisticated behaviour than one expects from apes. In addition there were thousands of tracks of a wide variety of animals that are similar or identical to animals living in the area today including antelopes, hares, giraffes, rhinoceroses, hyenas, horses, pigs and two kinds of elephants. Even several birds eggs were found and many of these could be easily correlated with eggs of living species
- Mary Leakey wrote:
- "What do these footprints tell us? First, they demonstrate once and for all that at least 3,600,000 years ago, in Pliocene times, what I believe to be man's direct ancestor walked fully upright with a bipedal, free-striding gait. Second, that the form of his foot was exactly the same as ours."
- We must have looked like this (Page from National Geographic)
- New Mexico
- In 1987 Jerry MacDonald discovered a wide variety of beautifully preserved fossil footprints in the Robledos Mountains of New Mexico. Rumors were heard about "out of place" fossils but the site remained top secret. Finally a tantalizing article appeared in the Smithonian Magazine, July, 1992.
- The article acknowledged "what paleontologists like to call, 'problematica.'" It described what appeared to be large mammal and bird tracks that, "evolved long after the Permian period, yet these tracks are clearly Permian." With a little detective work and some luck we located the area and even more obvious "problematica."
- GLEN ROSE, TEXAS
- FOSSIL FOOTPRINTS
- OF MAN & DINOSAUR TRACKS
- IN THE PALUXY RIVER BEDS
- Forbidden Archeology
- By Michael A. Cremo & Richard L. Thompson
- In some 900 pages he systematically sets down the evidence against evolution as it is taught today
- All that he presents is well known by the scientific community and rejected as an anomaly or simply problematic
- Do You Honor God!
- Do you honor Him with your life?
- Do you give Him the respect that He is due?
- Do you worship Him as creator and savior?
- Your eternal destiny depends on your relationship to Him
- Without Excuse
- You Are Without Excuse